2016 OBPC Date And Location
The 2016 Oregon Black Political Convention (OBPC) will be held on April 22-24, 2016, at the Crowne
Plaza Portland Convention Center, 1441 NE 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97232.
2016 OBPC Steering Committee
The duties and responsibilities of the 2016 Oregon Black Political Convention (OBPC) Steering Committee are to plan and prepare for the 2016 Oregon Black Political Convention. This Steering
1. Hold meetings to plan and prepare for the 2016 Oregon Black Political Convention.
2. Prepare a budget for the OBPC and have it approved by the OABA Board of Directors.
3. Select the THEME for the Convention and have it approved by the OABA Board of Directors.
4. Be responsible for inviting candidates to attend the convention.
5. Prepare and distribute: OBPC Announcement Flyers, OBPC Brochures, OBPC Program Booklet, DRAFT OBPC Platform and Resolution, 2016 OBPC Convention Rules, and ADOPTED OBPC Platform and Resolution Pamphlet by May 2016.
6. Plan and schedule the activities of the convention, including candidate's participation and endorsements and luncheon.
7. Conduct outreach to community organizations, young Black Americans, high school students and college students.
8. Be in charge of pre-registration and registration for the convention.
9. Be responsible for publicity for the convention. Work with the editor of OABA NEWSLETTER.
10. Provide and control space for candidates' exhibits or literature
11. Work with OBPC College interns.